Contemporary Sociology: An Introduction to Concepts and Theories
This revised and updated edition of the highly successful sociology textbook, Contemporary Sociology, continues to throw light on key issues and concerns of present-day society. M. Francis Abraham’s vast experience and extensive research cuts across conventional themes and geographical boundaries to include:
- Theoretical perspectives and research methods
- Key concepts and theories
- Relevant issues in education, economy, politics, population, stratification, minorities, urbanization, and environment
- Social institutions, organizations, and recent trends of change
- Examples drawn from numerous cultural contexts
The crucial topics of modern-day sociology such as gender, race, lifestyle changes, ecological issues, and domestic violence are explained separately, distinguishing the book from general sociology textbooks.